Turning Memories Into Gold

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Not Cute Today

California Coast
Okay! Enough being cute.  I am sitting here prepared to make some new and exciting posting when it came to me; I have to go Next week to science.  I dug up some old photos that I took previously at the tide pools to show my current students.  But they were little jerks.  Not the ones who weren’t going but many of the ones who were.  They don’t care a thing outdoor school and what they might learn or purpose or by accident.  I think they think that it is a week away from school and not an opportunity to learn in a non-traditional learning environment.  So, I thought it might be cool to show you some of the pictures of the tide pools I tried to show them.


Orange Sea Star


 I try not to disturb them. This one is covered with a few inches of seawater.











Ridged Limpit I did my study in invertebrate biology on the limpet. I am still trying to photograph an owl limpit.  They are really cool they farm the algea on a tide pool rock. 

A Group of Periwinkle Snails


Sea Anemone

Purple Sea Stars










Famous Santa Cruz Banana Slug


















This is my mother waving at me.  Yes, we came from the ocean but this is not the metaphoric source from which life sprung.  My mother was a Seattle Norwegian.  She wanted a Viking burial.  You know the one where you place them in there ship, set it on fire, and push them out to sea.  That is not possible today so she was cremated and her ashes were spread off the coast.  So whenever I see that sea wave hit the rock, I think that is my mother waving at me.

That is all for today hold tightly to the ones you love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment