Turning Memories Into Gold

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cold as Ice

What was that noise?  Ever hear a strange noise in the middle of the night. I awoke the other night only to hear a strange noise coming from downstairs.  Laying there in the dark your first thought are what was that. Then I realized, it was the icemaker dropping ice into the half emptied bin in the freezer.  As I lay there unable to fall asleep again, I began to think that the icemaker and I are the same.
The icemaker has to work without stop to replenish all the ice that we use.  It wouldn’t do it any good to complain because is dedicated to complete the assignment no matter how much the reserve goes down.  My life seems like this everyday, I work to fill the bin that is really our family’s bank account and each family member dips in and it melts away.  The icemaker is forgotten; nobody really notices it until the bin is low.
Sometimes when there is a big event on the horizon, you try to plan. Filling a baggie with ice.  But it never works; you still end up buying a bag or two of ice.  This is the same for me I try to save but I still end up supplementing my income with loans.  Like the ice machine I work hard for my family and what I provide is needed. The final way that I’m like and icemaker is I know how to chill and I am cool.

Bowling 1/2/12:  222, 182, 246 = 653

If you see the obstacles you've taken your eyes off the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment