Turning Memories Into Gold

Sunday, January 1, 2012

First of the Year


 There are many things that occur at the start of a new year.  You make resolutions, and see how fast you can break them. You set goals for the upcoming year.  Everyone knows some of the goal realistic, and some are fanciful.  I am going to make a million dollars, bowl a 300, and get a hole-in-one, are just a few of the goals I might consider fanciful.  Realistic goals, however, are seem better because we know they are achievable.  But because we know it will happen, it takes all the anticipation that comes from the goal.  My life has become a set of realized goals.  There are few surprises that give me the feeling that at the next fork in the road, I will encounter a surprise.  Many people believe that it is because I take the same fork in the road.  That is probably true.  I have become predictable that I been taking only the same road.  I go for the safe path.  Bound by that most horrible ally, obligation.  I know one day I have to look at that road most traveled and rejoin the other choice.  Only taking that road less traveled will an unexpected goal appear. 
So here I stand at that fork again.  Gazing down the road less traveled.  I take my first few steps.  I start this blog.  I hope it is a truly new goal that can give me an unpredictable outcome.  So three cheers to the bumps, and good-bye to the ruts.

No comments:

Post a Comment