Turning Memories Into Gold

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Look Out Disney Here We Come


Look Out Disneyland Here We Come

I was watching the Disney Christmas Parade and they announced that on February 29th, Leap Day, the Disneyland Park will for the first time be open for 24 hours.  This may sound crazy but to me: 
Everyone Has a Picture Here

Disneyland is reality and the rest of the world is fantasy. 



I am the original Disney child.  I grew up on the Mickey Mouse Club. 

The original, you know Cubby, Annette, and Darlene, not the Justin, Christina, and Britney.  



We lived like a lot of boomers in Orange County when Disneyland was being built.  We, like all people, went there that first year.  And we went back every year since.  Over the years we both have changed.  


Matterhorn







I remember them adding the Matterhorn,




Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirate's Life for Me
Pirates of the Caribbean,

Best Ride Added at Disneyland in the Last 10 Years
and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster.  







I have seen attractions go like Mike Fink keel Boats,

Scuttled
Now Unmoved



the People Mover, 






3 Minutes to Nowhere



and the Rocket Rods.  










Hotel Mickey


My family is so intertwined with Disneyland and Disney.  My mother was born in 1928 same year as Mickey.  She liked that coincidence.





I have been to many Christmas celebrations and
It's a Small World Decor

Main Street Christmas Tree
three News Years eves.  
Waiting of the Year

My wife and I danced the night away at the Tomorrowland Terrace on a Disneyland date.





 We have been to five 4th of Julys, including the Bicentenial in 1976.  We have celebrated many July 17th birthday parties.  Including that incredibly busy day of July 17th 2005, the 50th Anniverary.


So when I heard that it was going to be open for 24 hours I said to my family, “We are going!”   
So grab your children by the hand and meet us at the Happiest Place On Earth.


The clock is running.

No comments:

Post a Comment